Tuesday, November 3, 2009

goals


Who I am…

-I am extremely sensitive and take things personally
-I relentlessly compare myself to others.
-I am so indecisive that it gets on my own nerves. I even regret my decision of food choice at restaurants 75% of the time.
-I have tons of ideas and things I want to create and do, but fear holds me back from doing a lot of that.
-I am really self-conscious most of the time.
-I dislike few people, but when those people are in my presence it literally makes my blood pressure rise and I want to kick and scream.
-I am easily swayed by other people’s opinions


Who I want to eventually be…

-I don’t want to change my sensitiveness because it’s a huge part of who I am, but I’d like to get to a point where I don’t take everything so personally
-I would like to get over this irrational and time-wasting behavior and be my own person, flaws and all. There will always be someone that has or does something better than me. Not to mention I have all I need.
-I want to confidently make a decision and stick to it no matter what. If it was the wrong decision, learn from it and move on.
-Take baby steps in turning my ideas and dreams into something real--even if it’s a tiny version of that idea. Suck it, fear.
-I am determined to be confident in my own skin one of these days. I’ve come a long way so I know I am capable of getting to a healthier place.
-I would prefer not to let those I dislike get to me. It’s really only me it’s affecting anyway.
-I want to make decisions for myself without getting other’s inputs and thinking every possible outcome through. Instincts are there for a reason and I need to learn to trust them and live a little.



All that being said, I feel like I’m in a good place right now. Today’s lunch date with my good friend Em brightened it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment