Monday, July 19, 2010

summer shenanigans

Have I ever told you how much I love summer?  I’m at the peak of my happiness on any given day in the summer, and one of the biggest contributors to said summer happiness is canoeing.  Reasons why it is one of the best forms of summer entertainment: it’s cheap, it’s an all day adventure, BYOB, you get exercise, you can bring your dog, and most importantly, it provides an arena to wear cut off jean shorts and fake tattoos.  Can we say dream come true?

This past Saturday was canoe trip #2 of the summer and there were 17 of us in the group.  It was pretty epic—I felt like we were on an adult version of “Wild and Crazy Kids”.  The day started with everyone applying no less than two fake skull tattoos that I purchased for a whopping $2.99 for a 50 pack.  It ended with a group dinner at Las Palmas where everyone was so tired that it was hard to chew our chips.  These pictures should suffice as documentation of everything in between. 



No comments:

Post a Comment